Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mojito Time!

My new glassware has inspired me. Tonight I made mojitos and they were very yummy so I decided to share my recipe with you guys. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Mojito Recipe:
Fresh mint
2 Tbsp mint simple syrup (recipe follows)
1 Tbsp lime juice
1.5 oz (1 shot) of rum
Lime club soda

Mint Simple Syrup
1 cup of water
2 mint tea bags
1 cup of sugar
Bring water to a boil and remove from heat. Add mint tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Bring tea to a boil again and add sugar. Mix until sugar is dissolved and remove from heat. You can transfer to a container and store in the refrigerator.

In a glass, add 2-3 bruised mint leaves and fill with ice. Add 2 tbsp of mint simple syrup, 1 tbsp of lime juice, 1.5 oz of rum and mix. Top with 2- 3 oz of lime club soda. Drink and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

//